Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Official runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Links:

I ran the 2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I never run at night, but I must say that running a half marathon at night was a lot of fun! :-) 


I ran fast (relatively speaking) since I wasn't distracted by too many characters! ;-) 
DistanceHALF MAR
Clock Time2:19:33
Chip Time2:19:19
Overall Place2,184 / 7,292
Gender Place1,005 / 4,606
Division Place205 / 821
Age Grade48.9%
5K Split31:10
10K Split1:04:03
15K Split1:38:11
One drawback of night racing, too dark to get good race photos, so I only have one! ;-) 



While I must admit there were some logistical issues after the race, runDisney listened to the feedback from runners, spectators and volunteers! 

I've heard that many of the logistical problems were resolved in 2011. 

Here are some great blog posts on the 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend:




8 comments:

:DISTherapy said...

Thanks for the "Hop"! Can't wait for this year and the chance to get my C2C!!! (I guess I now get an extra month to train :D)

RunningWithSass.com said...

thanks for including me!

Run, Karla, Run! said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

~Karla, www.runkarlarun.com

TWINS RUN in our family said...

Happy to share your great race recap! :-)

Unknown said...

I ran the inaugural wine/dine too! Lots of issues with that one, but I , too, heard they tried to make things " right" this past year. It was awesome to run at night. Loved the lights at DHS. I probably would've enjoyed the race more had I not been 6 wks pregnant and suffering from terrible morning sickness :)

TWINS RUN in our family said...

Happy to share your great race recap!

I loved getting my C2C medal at Disneyland Half!

Have fun at the Wine & Dine and enjoy your 2 medals! :-)

TWINS RUN in our family said...

Happy to share your great race recap! :-)

TWINS RUN in our family said...

Thanks for your comments!

It was fun to run at night but I was exhausted after walking around the parks all day.

I'm not sure I could do it again unless I took a nap. ;-)