Monday, April 30, 2012

Mother Runner & Dashing Daughter Finish 2012 Run For Babies Together

On Sunday, April 29, 2012, my daughter and I ran the Run for Babies 5K! The 5K run was held before the March of Dimes "March for Babies" Walk. I decided to run with a baby doll in a Bjorn along side my daughter. I knew this wasn't going to be a race about speed, but my daughter started off fast that I had to run to catch up to her! Unfortunately, my daughter didn't understand the concept of "don't start off too fast" so she hit the wall at mile 1! ;-)

I told her we should keep going even thought I wasn't sure if she would be able to finish. She started to cry when runners kept passing us. Finally, after all the other runners past us, we were the last two before the police car.. But, we kept moving! When we reached the finish line, I let her cross first, so she wouldn't be last! :-)
Zoe Hill
Place: 187
Pace: 15:10
Time: 46:59

Malinda Ann Hill
Place 188
Pace: 15:10
Time: 47:00

Much to our surprise, we learned she placed 1st in her age group! It's all about who shows up! :-)

FEMALE AGE GROUP: 1 - 14 (3 WINNERS)
Place O'All Bib# Name G Age Tagtime Pace
===== ===== ===== = === ========== == ======= 1 187 209 Zoe Hill F 9 46:59 15:10












No comments: